Wednesday, August 20, 2008


Creativity

Creativity has been attributed variously to divine intervention, cognitive processes, the social environment, personality traits, and chance ("accident", "serendipity"). It has been associated with genius, mental illness and humour. Some say it is a trait we are born with; others say it can be taught with the application of simple techniques.

Although popularly associated with art and literature, it is also an essential part of innovation and invention and is important in professions such as business, economics, architecture, industrial design, science and engineering.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thank you, Kim of Laketrees, for thinking of me when she decided to create this award...I'm truly honored to be included with many amazing artists, to whom Kim has past this award ...here is what Kim said about her award...

"Many of my blogger Artist friends are really creative people so I have decided to recognize their creativity (as defined above) by designing this award "

Thank you Kim...a wonderful thing to do for others!
Cheers

4 comments:

  1. HI HEATHER!!!!...congrats on the award from Kim...(how great is she???)...so very deserving you are for your lovely, lovely blog. Hope that all is well...

    blessings, blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think talent is something we are born with, but do need to be practise it to improve upon it.

    I always remember that saying that only great madness or a lot of pain creates great art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the kind words Amy...I think it is a wonderful thing for her to do...makes it very special to me!!
    Everything is good! Thanks for asking!
    Cheers

    I agree Alan...I do think we all have a talent we just have to discover what it is!!
    Now for the madness and pain thing...what can I say...:0) I acutally attempted to paint at one time in my life but didn't thing I was very good...I guess I wasn't mad enough or in enough pain...:0)

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. my pleasure Heather....
    and thanks for the great post about the award too !!!
    have a wonderful weekend :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment...it is truly appreciated!
Cheers