Monday, May 17, 2010

Count down is on...

This Saturday May 22nd, is the opening of the North Bay Downtown Farmers' Market!!! I felt the excitement when I spoke with a few of the 33 vendors who are busy preparing for the big day...I know the customers are anticipating! Won't be long now...we will have, limited vegetables, plants, herbs, potted flowers, baking, health & beauty products, jams & jellies, weaving & knitting, eco-friendly products, jewelry, cards, maple syrup, honey, meat, wood crafts, flower arrangements, candles...all manner of unique hand made goods!!!

Beginning May 22nd, the Market will be open very Saturday 8:30am to 1:00pm, RAIN or SHINE until October 9th, at the McIntyre Street parking lot between City Hall and TD Canada Trust on Main Street.

Don't forget...when you buy drinks or snacks from the North Bay Downtown Farmers' Market Booth you will be helping to make the possibility of a permanent home a reality as all the proceeds go towards this endeavor!

Local resident Derek Morin, (musician/singer) will be at the Market to entertain on opening day...Derek recently produced his first DC!

These two photos were from the June 1st, 2009, North Bay Downtown Farmers' Market!

There is even a "Market Season Opens" page on Facebook...take a look!!!

Stop by & say hello, we would love to have you visit us...there is so much to see as we begin a new North Bay Downtown Farmers' Market season!

Cheers




12 comments:

  1. Interesting and looks like it will be fun.
    You have fun too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe the sunny weather in your pictures after all the snow you had recently!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Heather, I WISH I could come to see your wonderful Farmers Market...it's a slice of heaven..especially when the weather co-operates...here's to many sunny weekends over the next few months!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a lot of fun. I'd stop over if I didn't have to take a plane, lol...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Heather,

    Nice photos for the market, nice post.
    I have to remember bringing the camera to take some photos for the first day to post.
    I am very busy, so far I used 20 kgs of flour and I am half way in dough making the two fridges are full with dough bags.
    nice day and see you on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love farmer's markets Heather! I wish I lived up near you and I'd definitely stop by! Hope the weather cooperates and you have a smash, bang, boom turnout! :)

    Chat with you soon my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  7. good luck with the market, looks like a great day ! thanks for stopping by the blog ; )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heather, thanks for your comment on PV. Just so you know, when I clicked to "publish" the comment, I got an error message. I don't know what happened, but I don't want you to think I deleted it.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with the farmers market! We have one locally now in our town and I really wanted to do it but just couldn't get the courage to commit to EVERY saturday and sunday for the whole summer. :-)

    Checked out your FB page and saw your business link to your Etsy store -that pink necklace -fabulous! And funny I saw it. I have a rose quartz butterfly pendant at home that I've had for awhile and had just planned on an idea well, just yesterday. Now I'm even more inspired!
    -Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you did well at the Market!

    Have a beachy & wonderful Memorial Day weekend.

    Marie @ Sally Lee by the Sea
    "Celebrating the Coastal Lifestyle"

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoyed visiting your blog. Very Insightful!
    Hopefully mine will encourage you.
    God Bless, Bob west
    http://westbob.blogspot.com/2010/05/god-vs-science.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment...it is truly appreciated!
Cheers