Monday, December 3, 2012



Slowing down…
Things are beginning to slow down, with less creating for the last couple of weeks, I find by the time mid January into February comes round I’ve lost my creativity, and I do other things…I’m doing custom orders right now which keeps the creativity flowing…if there is anything you would like, there is still plenty of time for Christmas, feel free to get in touch with me.
Dawn and I ventured out in the cold on Friday, (November 30th)along with many other people, to check out the annual Downtown Christmas Walk…the temperature wasn’t bad, around -12, but with 20km winds so it was biting cold at times.  We did think attendance was down somewhat from last year, not a great deal but we didn’t see the hoards of people on the street we remembered from last year.  Who knows it could have been the time frame we were out…approximately 6:30 to 7:45.  Still, I think a great night was had by all… Dawn and I certainly enjoyed ourselves.   Of course we visited some of our favorite shops, some were packed so we decided to keep going, and stop in on our way back but of course we forgot!   The opening of the Abbey was Friday…great timing…if you didn’t get a chance to stop by  you have to make the effort… they took down the false ceiling that was put up 35 years ago, leaving three magnificent sky lights in the curved ceiling…and the trim is gorgeous!  Visually stunning… We ended the evening at Cecil’s…great company, great food, great beverages!

I took a photo of the downtown Christmas tree…it is a bit fuzzy but you will get the idea…

I’ve decided to introduce my new website today...www.heathercote.com… my photo site.  I started out thinking I would limit my photos to in and around North Bay, but I’ve loads of photos taken over the last couple of years, many great ones from Florida, so I won’t be limiting.  A few of the photos I took with my old Sony, but for the most part the photos I’m showing are taken with my iPhone 4 and now my iPone 5.  ­­­­­­I'm not and never will be a great photographer, but I do enjoy taking shots of things I like or find interesting…the iPhone is perfect for me, it has an 8 mega pixel camera, is small, light and I can carry it in my pocket.  I debated on getting a new camera a few months ago and decided for the time being to continue using my iPhone…a new camera would mean I’d have to concentrate on learning how to use it and I’m not feeling like it right now.  I also considered taking a course but then I would need a camera so that is out for the time being!  Regardless…I enjoy taking the shots and now posting them on my site.  If you get a chance stop by and take a look.
As always if you have comments or question send me an email or leave a comment on my blog…

Have a great week!
Cheers

www.heathercote.com

4 comments:

  1. Love your pictures, especially "buddy" the squirrel! Have fun with your new adventure!

    Marissa Foss, Artbeads.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sunsets or rises over the water are gorgeous! Water and light make magic. thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed the walk this year as we were away, but I sure am excited to go see the refurbished Abbey. I've been around long enough to remember the building before that false ceiling was put in.
    Congrats on your new photo site launch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a pretty tree. sounds like you and your daughter had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment...it is truly appreciated!
Cheers