Wednesday, November 28, 2012



Season finished …
It’s that time of year…at least it is for me.  I did my last show of the year…
This past Saturday was the City Streets Artisan House Tour…as you know; it was my first year doing the tour.  To be honest I wasn’t sure what to expect as it was also the first year for the house I was in.   I’m pleased to say it was a huge success!  We had a steady stream of people until around 1:30, from then until 4:00 we saw people sporadically, having said that people who came out were there to shop, either for themselves or for Christmas gifts.  I was very impressed as everyone I spoke with said they did the whole tour, which was a wonderful thing to hear being an artisan in the tour.  That is what you hope for but aren’t sure it will happen!  So… a heartfelt “thank you” all the wonderful people who spent much of their Saturday supporting local artisans!!!

I’d also like to thank sisters, Janet and Jean Butler, Butlers’ Bobbins, for allowing Claudette Jesso, “the Bag Lady”, Lori Costello, Bella Hill Maple Syrup and myself to be in their home for this incredible day!   I’m friends with Claudette and Lori and very quickly became friends with Janet and Jean…we had a most enjoyable day.

I just realized that I didn’t take any photos yesterday!  I’m so annoyed with myself as I wanted to post a couple here as well as on the City Streets website, I even took my phone out and put it on the table then completely forgot… nothing I can do now!
My shows may be over but not the work, I’m always available for custom orders, don’t hesitate to contact me if there is something specific you are looking for…I’ve orders right now, but there is always time for more.

My intention is to continue on baytoday.ca with the Birthstone of the Month and articles on subjects think you will find interesting.

 I know many people enjoy crossword/word puzzles so I thought it might be fun to give that a try.  Of course it will be related to what I do or the season, etc., feel free to send me a request and I’ll see what I can come up with.    This first puzzle is “Birthstones”… it will be very simple to complete, especially for anyone who does crosswords regularly.   This is my first attempt at making puzzles, while not difficult to do it becomes time consuming the more words used, which is why the first one is very simple…I didn’t have the time to come up with something challenging.   I’ve included a crossword puzzle and a word puzzle.  If you would like the answers send me an email.  You should be able to right click on either puzzle, choose “save image as”, when the “save image” box comes up choose where you would like to save it, I always choose my Desktop to save anything to, makes it easy to find it, then you can print the crossword allowing you to do it when you have the time…if you have any problems saving it send me a email, I’m happy to help.  Have fun with it…again…feel free to send any suggestions.


I've added the puzzles to the blog for anyone who enjoys them...I'm hoping to improve my puzzle making skills as I go along...
 
As always leave a comment on my blog or send me an email at hjcote11@gmail.com, I’d like to hear what you have to say…enjoy the week.
Cheers


"Puzzle made at puzzle-maker.com"

3 comments:

  1. So happy your last show for the year was a success and I'll give the crossword a go...I'm a sucker for any type of word puzzle. My sister and I have been playing Words with Friends for the last year (she kills me almost every game)and it keeps the old brain from shriveling up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the great weekend show. I'm surprised to hear it was your first year on that tour. Hope you enjoy the rest of the season ;)
    N

    ReplyDelete
  3. New to your site by way mutual blogger, turtle & robot. Enjoyed knocking around your blog and getting to know you. Congrats on the show. And by the way, loved the puzzles, and made sure to finish them. Looking forward to your future posts~!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment...it is truly appreciated!
Cheers