I’m offering a challenge, to my readers! Please read further for the details…you don’t have to do anything other than think!
Words are not my specialty…so I’m looking for someone who has a way with words, or anyone who has what they think is a “unique” idea for the name of an artisan jewelry line. Dawn and I haven’t been able to come up with something fitting in the way of a name for the “scrap” designs I’ve been doing.
The person whose name is chosen will be awarded either a pendant or pair of earrings…style of the “scrap” design to be determined by the winner but size and final appearance to be determined by me.
This is where your help comes in…please help me name the design line!
Jewelry Design Name Challenge!
- This challenge is open to anyone, regardless of where you live…
- You have from Monday October 22nd to Sunday October 28th, 12:00 noon to offer a complimentary name for my “scrap” silver designs.
- The name must not be similar to an existent jewelry line, Google your thoughts and see what materializes.
- The author of the name must agree to be photographed while wearing her chosen piece, if the winner is a male, he may hold the pieces in a box, or hand for his photo, which will be posted on baytoday.ca and my blog.
- The author of the chosen jewelry design name, by entering the challenge agrees to relinquish all rights to the name as offered, in this challenge.
- The jewelry design name chosen will be posted in baytoday.ca and my blog on Monday October 29th in my regular post.
- A jewelry design name will be chosen and a piece of jewelry will be awarded, but the chosen jewelry design name will not necessarily be used for the jewelry design name, this will be left to my (Heather Cote) discretion.
- Please send all names to firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not leave the name as a comment on my blog! The owner of the name chosen will be contacted Sunday October 28th by email.
I’ve been making pendants and earrings from “scrap” silver for a few years now. While this isn’t anything new in the world of the metal-smith, I like to think we as artisans bring a unique aspect to our individual work. In my mind each piece I fuse/solder together is a “one of a kind piece”…rugged, rustic, and a bit “rough around the edges”, not literally but figuratively. I strive to ensure my silver pieces will be rugged, with a definite artisan look to them, but classically timeless as well…my hope is when you buy one of my “scrap” pieces, whether it is a pendant or earrings, it will be something you will wear twenty years from now…after you clean it of course!
Each one of the “scrap” pieces I create are special to me…I genuinely enjoy the process, watching as the finished piece emerges…certain pieces I simply solder scrap on and leave as is, while others I like to sculpt the piece by adding layer upon layer of metal watching as it softens, rolls and melts into the base. Recently I’ve been making “nuggets”, simple, but no less interesting to create. In fact I take pleasure in watching the scrap pieces liquefy under the torch, and then solidify when the flame is removed.
If you think you have a unique name to be a good “fit” with my jewelry line please don’t hesitate to enter the challenge!
I sincerely appreciate your help…check out the rules, they are very simple! I look forward to hearing from you!
Have a great week…
PS...please excuse the lateness of getting this post up...there was a glitch in getting it posted to baytoday.ca first!