Friday, June 26, 2009

Wet...

Well... it had to end...last Saturday was unpleasant to say the least...it started to rain around 9:30am and continued for most of the day. Of course it rained the hardest in the time frame when I was packing up!!! :0) I didn't venture out from under my tent to take photos because we didn't have may customers milling around, the fellows entertaining were troupers, they actually brought a tent and played for the whole morning, gotta give them credit...a little but of fun in an other wise unpleasant day...BUT...we had 4 sunny days in a row so who am I to complain!!!

I've finally managed to take a few photos...

I've had a few requests in the last couple of weeks for lapis...I can only remember one other request for this stone two summers ago, a young girl asked me to make a pair of earrings for her mother as lapis was her favorite stone...other wise not a very popular stone. I've made a few pieces with sodalite, which looks rather similar but darker, more towards navy while lapis is more towards the turquoise...at least in my eyes!
So...made with lapis, resin, glass, and pewter beads with a star to add a bit of fun!

I've used this pendant before, as I rather like it, the large rectangle stones are natural coral, very interesting, glass, and agate, finished the a sterling silver toggle...

The focal is a rather unique resin pendant with shell inlay, hemalyke, and glass beads, finished with a silver plated lobster claw. For those of you who aren't familiar hemalyke is a man made metallic looking bead that very much resembles hematite...the word hemalyke means "look alike" and the bead can be mistaken for hematite.

Next is an Argentium Sterling Silver cuff...I've distressed this one more than usual as I was going for a more rugged look this time...

Here is a fun summer choker, wood, resin, metal, agate and dyed turquoise, finished with an extender so it can be worn a little longer if need be...

Love the dyed purple howlite, but then you knew purple is my favorite color, set off with pale green aventurine rondelles, pewter and sterling silver beads...

Here is another unique resin pendant inlayed with shell, a mixture of large and small smoky quartz round stones, glass rondelles, mykonos spacers and a sterling silver toggle finish the necklace... fyi the mykonos beads are a clay bead fired in a kiln, then coated in copper, fired again, after which they are coated in fine silver... a lovely bead, they come in many shapes and sizes as well as coated with 24K gold or copper.

Cheers

8 comments:

  1. WOW! I saw the first piece in the blog reader and couldn't click over here fast enough to take a look. Gorgeous!! I do have a thing for blues and references of the ocean. I just LOVE the silver cuff! Nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather these pieces feel very ethnic to me...I love them and I LOVE what you have done w/ the silver cuff...just gorgeous...timeless...:)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather the green and purple look gorgeous together ! Beautiful work !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great color combinations! I like them all but my fav is the dyed purple howlite and green aventurine necklace. I have a soft spot for purple and green together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I swear I'd buy every one of your pieces if I could. Just LOVELY!!!!! Wearing the heart with pride!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how unique these pieces are and I have rarely seen anything I like so much. Your creativity is as usual spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  7. great lapis necklace! thanks for stopping by my blog, I am greatful to be in one piece and have another day to enjoy !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment...it is truly appreciated!
Cheers