Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Something different!

For the past two years I've had an ad on a local online newspaper, Baytoday and recently I was asked if I would consider doing articles on Baytoday from my blog.   After careful consideration, as this would require one post a week, I agreed to see how it would work out for myself as well as Baytoday.

Every Monday there will be a new post...some you may have seen before along...many new posts.

Below is my introduction article for Baytoday ...


 I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself...my name is Heather Cote, I'm a North Bay artisan who's been creating jewelry since October of 2006.  In the beginning my concentration was beading using semi-precious stones, Swarovski crystals, and pearls; eventually being drawn to sterling, argentium and fine silver wire and sheet, which are my favorite mediums to work with.
I've been a vendor at the North Bay Farmers' Market since 2007, where you can find me Saturday, from the end of May to the end of October, 8:30 to 1:00, rain or shine!  Besides being a vendor I'm the Buskers Coordinator for the Market.  We are booked this season but I can put your name on a cancellation list...or there is always next season!

Photo taken by Heather Cote, North Bay Farmers' Market
From the end of June to the beginning of September on Fridays you will find me at the Rosseau Farmers' Market, 9:00 to 2:00, rain or shine! 
Photo Courtesy of Charlene Neill, Rosseau Farmers' Market
I began blogging in January, 2008, primarily as a way to promote my jewelry business, Azure Accessories.  Since then 215 posts have been completed, with topics ranging from my jewelry designs, supplies I've used, tips, shows I'm participating in, the North Bay Farmers' Market, Rosseau Farmers' Market, other artisans of interest and the Birthstone of the Month, all of which you can expect to see in the coming posts.  Something new I would like to include is the healing aspects of crystals and semi-precious stones.
I would like to offer the opportunity for readers to ask any questions or pass along topics you would like to see discussed regarding jewelry, stones, silver etc...if I don't have the answer I will do the research and present my findings in a post.  Feel free to leave a message...
Watch for a new post every Monday...

Cheers 



4 comments:

  1. Do show off some pictures of your stall this season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an exciting opportunity! Congrats Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YIPPEEEE...Heather is BACK...awesome opportunity for you...so glad...seems like great exposure and a local audience who will most definitely want to come to your Farmer's Market...wishing you, as always, overwhelming success...XXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like it will be fun and great exposure for your business, once a week sounds good too, giving you plenty of time for everything else. Good luck and enjoy your Summer.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment...it is truly appreciated!
Cheers