Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Finally...

My goal this winter was to learn how to set stones...beginning with pre-made bezel cups and working towards making my own bezels. It was a long time coming but in the last few weeks I've been experimenting with pre-made bezels and copper...

pendant is hand crafted from Argentium silver, stone is onyx

This is one of my first attempts at soldering a bezel cup to silver...surprisingly it isn't as easy as it sounds or looks, but then I'm learning so it will get easier. It takes a great deal of pressure, working the sides of the bezel to make it tight around the stone. I'm enjoying the process but I'm not at the stage where I'm ready to make my own bezel yet...I've the bezel wire just in case!

Enjoy the day...
Cheers

8 comments:

  1. That is great that you take on new challenges. I am right behind you. It is a wonderful feeling of accomplishment to learn something new!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that is not easy, looks time consuming, but Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. applause, applause, applause...winter in Canada is a great time to work on a new project 'at the drawing boards'...and excellent start indeed...looking forward...XXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous. I can't wait to see more of what you do with this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So interesting and intricate! Keep at it!!! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in awe....this is beautiful. Having tried soldering once I do know it's not easy but I'm sure we will be seeing some amazing bezels from you very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job, it is beautiful, can't wait to see your creations as you get more practice under your belt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's beautiful. Wonderful job! Looking forward to seeing what you do next!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment...it is truly appreciated!
Cheers