Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Starfish, lapis and scrap!

I managed to take a few photos yesterday on my iPhone...I was at my studio and forgot to bring my camera...it was either go home or give the iPhone a try. I'd taken a few photos with it a few weeks ago so I felt it was worth a try.

You know the iPhone actually takes good photos, in fact all I did to these photos below was crop them! That is amazing...my camera has never taken "great" photos" I always thought it was the operator but now I'm not so sure. With my camera I could take 10 photos, sometimes more, of something before I took a photo I could use...all of these are first shots...while not perfect they are much better than what I usually get from my camera!

My signature starfish...cut out, stamped, brushed finish and tumbled on a sterling silver chain.


As most of you know I'm a fan of cobalt blue...these lapis stones are gorgeous...I only had four stones like this...the first pair of earrings sold so I made these...they could be mine, you just never know? I've always liked this particular style but was a bit unsure of making the ear wires...they actually were not difficult once I sat down and thought about it.


Another "scrap" piece...fine silver fused together.

By the way the starfish came from the east coast...my daughter brought them back for me when she visited there last summer with her family!

Have a great day!
Cheers

5 comments:

  1. Your photos are great. I think I'm in need of new camera myself. I'm struggling lately to get decent photos. Love, love, love the earrings and the starfish pendant.....beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Technology is really great. One day, phone camera will replace the normal camera..maybe. In a way it is happening already. I have seen great photos taken with phone camera.
    I love the earrings by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photos are great, isn't it nice when life becomes so easy! Love those earrings, that is quality Lapis. Thank you for your visits, I enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks beautiful! I have always loved the way you set up your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup, the iphone takes very good pics...these are wonderful....you have always taken excellent photos, much as the 'operator', has been hard on herself...:)))...I too love the lapis stones and earrings which you made so beautifully compliment them...I would wear those ALOT...the starfish piece, simple elegant, timeless...and the real starfish from your daughter, especially the purple one is AWESOME!!!!...XXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment...it is truly appreciated!
Cheers